Saturday, April 3, 2010

Resurrecting Some Old Favorites

Well, I gave up beer for lent, so tonight has been nice. Taking a stroll down memory lane, having one of (almost) each of the ales I've brewed so far.

So far: the Holiday Cheer is the real surpriser. It has only gotten better these past four months. Orange peel has copulated with ginger, the cinnamon made friends with the hops. I'm ready to brew another batch just to have it around this Christmas.

Otherwise, the Old Speckled Hen clone is still tasty, probably second best. The Vanilla Porter, while still good and which has improved with age, ranks last of these three. But I still maintain that I'd buy any of them at the store. So, woo.

Racked the Kirin Lager clone to secondary today. The tiny sample I had showed some promise. I'm hoping that carbonation will add something to the wateriness. If it does, this will be a successful lighter-bodied beer experiment, and I'll have to give the WLP060 blend another shot.

Now, soon enough I'll crack a bottle of the 60-Minute IPA clone...don't wait up.

Happy Easter, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment