Saturday, March 13, 2010

2010 Brew Day #2: Kirin Lager

Mission accomplished. No, seriously.

Brew day #2 is wrapped up. The Kirin Lager clone is done, hanging out in its carboy, waiting to ferment.

Tomorrow will likely be bottling day for the Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA clone. It's already spent 4-5 weeks in one carboy or another. It's looking the clearest of all the ales I've brewed so far, so I expect greatness from this one.

If it's not great, I will drink it out of spite, like so much Super Bowl reuben dip.

UPDATE:
3.14.10 @ 15:30 - I've heard a couple of bubbles escape the blow-off tube.
3.15.10 @ 23:30 - Been churning along all day. Good volume of CO2 being blown-off.

2 comments:

  1. Some women blog about what it is like to be pregnant with their first child; some men, in an attmept not to appear too excited about their wife's pregnancy, make beer and transfer their anticipation to journaling about the beer coming to life in large glass jugs. Are they really so different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should put it that way. I did something that I knew would make beer around the same time I did something that I knew would make a baby.

    And I'll tell you something else. Flame-out during brewing comes WAY later than flame-out in the sack. Ain't no shame in my game!

    ReplyDelete